Island Manapua: Look Fun, Garlic Pork




I'd been craving the long, wide uncut noodle, Look Fun, for so long, and I finally made it to Island Manapua in Manoa. It's $.8.95 for the container full, which is more than I planned on spending, but I got my fill.

I also wanted the Chicken Eggplant, so I got a plate. Yikes, more spending. I got Garlic Pork, which was enticing with the dark sauce. I learned later this was mostly pork rinds than actual pork meat. The sauce is killer. Sweet and savory. But I couldn't eat all those rinds. It was so fatty and the soft fat with meat was so delicious.  But those chunks of meat and fat were too few. The rinds were just too many for me to finish. I admit, I fed the local birds some of those rinds. They like

I'd pass on the Garlic Pork next time, but if that sauce is on something meaty, it's a go. The plate was $9 plus for two entrees.

Island Manapua
2752 Woodlawn Dr.
Honolulu, HI 96822
808-988-5441





Comments