$6 meal @ Maryknoll: Shoyu Chicken!



What more can I say about Maryknoll's concession stand? Every. Single. Time. Awesomeness.

It's not just because there had been no history about fantastic grinds at the school gym. (Note: the gym was built just a few years ago, so...) And it's just because I'm usually famished by game time. No, no, no.

Everything served here has been so A+ level that even though I'd had a rice (Spam) bowl from Itchy Butt just two hours earlier, I had to ask the students manning the stand what they recommended. By and large, they said the Shoyu Chicken bowl.

For $5, this was glazed, succulent food excellence.

1. Sub-$6? Yes. I was +$1.77 carried over from the last time. Saved $1 here. I'm now up +$2.77. Chheeeehuuuuu...
2. No fast food/chain? Yes.
3. Tastes great? YES.

Normally, people make shoyu chicken more of a soupy style. This one was not like that. This was sticky, sweet, savory excellence. Love was put into these chicken thighs. I'm 99% sure the carmelization was the result of proper marination before being baked (or fried). What is going on at the Maryknoll house of cuisine? I am out of words. Incredible. That was one last word.

#6dollarmeal #shoyuchicken #highschool #concessionstands #homemade

Comments