$6 meal @ Tacos Zarate: The Year 2018



I have not had a Zarate taco since they were in a food truck in Kapahulu next to Waiola Shave Ice. Man, it's still the bomb. And a lot of folks have enjoyed the Tacos Zarate indoor, sit-down restaurant in Kahala. They have specials so I had the two-taco deal for $5. I'm trying to find all the great food for $6 or less around the state. It's insane how inflation is kicking costs up everywhere including the grocery store. That's why I appreciate a place like this, great homemade food at killer quality and awesome price.

1. Sub $6.
2. No fast food/chain.
3. Tastes ono.

The owner, Paul Zarate, has fulfilled one of his dreams, I think. He is the quintessential small-business owner who never stopped dreaming because he knew, I believe, that he and his staff (including his dad) make a superior product because it has quality ingredients and soul. Pure soul.

Comments