$6 Rice (Spam & Egg) Bowl at Itchy Butt


The Rice Bowl at Itchy Butt is actually a Spam and Egg Bowl. Two slices with one egg and kimchi. I usually ask for an extra egg. The kimchi there is a winner. I'd buy it in jars if they sold it at the market. "Itchy Butt Kimchi" would be a fun addition to the shelves at Foodland or Times.

I enjoy this bowl because A) it's only $5.75 (one egg), and B) it's filling enough and not too heavy. Mark Wiens, one of my favorite YouTubers, made a stop at Itchy Butt in January and I just saw the video. The place was always consistently busy in the past, same as today, and the guy at the front says it's gotten busier since that video went online. It is a video about four mainstays in Honolulu, and Itchy Butt was on the tail end, no pun intended. It has nearly 900,000 views. Is that considered viral?

Anyway, Itchy Butt, you will always have a place my heart. And my belly.


Comments