Golden Pork: Gyoza



6-piece gyoza
$6.75
Golden Pork

OK, this is a separate post about the gyoza at Golden Pork. I am an unabashed fan of gyoza and I had to partake here.

1. Very crispy. More crispy than any gyoza I've had, and that's a plus-plus. The gyoza at Junpuu is also excellent, and it is expertly charred, but overall not crispy and golden brown like this. Not saying this is the "right" way to make gyoza. Just my preference. Even though there's no char.

2. The filling. There's garlic in there, another plus, but not quite as much as my favorite gyoza (Taiyo Ramen). But it works nicely here with the crunchiness and crispiness of the shell.

3. Gyoza by itself can be great. But Taiyo takes it to another level because of their homemade smoky chili oil and vinegar in addition to the gyoza sauce. Here at Golden Pork, there is no other sauce. So that holds it back some. Still a great treat.

Golden Pork Tonkotsu Ramen Bar
1279 S King St, Honolulu, HI 96814

Comments