Honolulu Kitchen: Deep Fried Pork Hash


First time in Honolulu Kitchen in Waipahu. The slightly generic name belies the amazing Chinese cuisine inside. They even have a sample tray. I tried the fried pork hash, which is crisped perfectly and takes regular pork hash (fine and good) to another incredible level (decadent). I didn't have the nerve to eat the other samples, though some stealth customers swooped in and grabbed their share.

Service is friendly and quick. Honolulu Kitchen has a lineup of staples, and I wanted to try one in a small bowl. But apparently, the menu on the wall has a tape over the "Small" part of it, and they only serve medium and large entrees, which is understandable. I decided to get the medium of the entree, but then it had a hidden "Premium" price that wasn't listed. I decided against paying almost $8 for a little bowl of it. I did get the custard bao, which actually was a 2-for-1 offer — again, not listed anywhere. Nice surprise. I'd just eaten at another Waipahu spot, so I wasn't hungry here, but next time, I'm digging in.













Comments