Minit Stop: I heart their fried chicken



So, so many years had passed since I had devoured one of the most surprisingly great gas station grinds ever: Minit Stop Fried Chicken. I first had it at their Kawaihae location around 15 years ago. Maybe more. Since then, they added a chicken to their logo. That's solid marketing.

But I hadn't been back to the Big Island much since, and I never saw one in Hilo or Kona, where I had covered high school state-tournament games. This summer, I saw one in Hilo and got perky, but there wasn't enough time.

Finally, on this leg through Hawi, boom. Minit Stop. Right by the Hawi Post Office. But I didn't get a bucket of the good stuff. All I had time for was a mini pack. It was roughly 9:45 a.m., so the chicken was still warm and good. It was worth the wait. I could've ate three more thighs.

If Minit Stop ever expands to Oahu, I might be in trouble.


Minit Stop
55-503 Hawi Road, Hawi, HI 96719

Comments