Postal Tour 2019: Volcano, HI 96785


I was fortunate to have time to retrace my steps and go from Hilo back to Volcano in the morning. The Volcano Post Office is nestled in the woods, an area that is a treat to experience. A restaurant with a smokey barbeque is across the street, which is an aroma I enjoy. It was here that I picked up a sheet of Marvin Gaye stamps (who knew?) and the golden train stamps. I put the latter to full use later on the Hamakua leg.

If there was more time, I probably would've had some BBQ. Maybe next time. I had to hit the road and get to Kilauea National Park down the road. It took me a moment to remember that Volcano Post office and Kilauea are two different spots. Then the memories started to flood back. A quarter-century is a heck of a long time, but this place is one of a kind.






Comments