Breadshop: Kaimuki’s sneaky great treat


Finally. The store that I'd heard about, a rave review. Breadshop. I'm not a huge bread person, but when I went for a walk and saw "BREADSHOP" on a sign at 8th Ave., the bells in my head rang.

Problem was, that was Monday. And they're closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. I finally went there during business hours. Wes, the talented baker in Kona, had said Breadshop is what he hopes his bakery will become.

Breadshop has a variety of fermented breads, not as fermented as the classic San Francisco Sourdough, and some great pastries. The Almond Raspberry-Lilikoi Jam Bostock (Brioche, above) is A+. Lot of almonds, good. The jam is homemade. Raspberry Lilikoi Jam. So ono. Worth every penny.



There is usually a line at Breadshop, but not extremely long, and service is quick. 








I'll be back when I can handle eating an entire loaf of bread. Or crave that Almond Raspberry-Lilikoi Jam Bostock again. I also tried the tomato-oregano-anchovy flatbread. My first time tasting anchovy. It was OK, but if you love anchovy, this is a must.



Comments