First-time Falafels at Shaloha


I've seen enough videos about falafels to be interested. Is this as good as it looks? I'm pretty sure there have been a good number of falafel spots in Hawaii over the years, but I'd never seen one until Shaloha Modern Israeli Kitchen showed up on Waialae Ave. 

These five falafels came with three sauces: amba (tumeric), tahini (sesame) and hot sauce. The falafels were crunchy and delectable. Not strongly flavored, and more neutral than powerful. Of the sauces, I enjoyed the homemade hot sauce best. By far. Amba and tahini were nice. I liked the texture, but the the flavors were subtle. And I'm partial to spicy. 

This meal/snack is $8. I'm glad I tried it, finally. Located next to L&L Drive In, across the street from St. Louis Drive In. 

Shaloha Modern Israeli Kitchen
3133 Waialae Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816
Hours: 10:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (Monday-Friday; 11 a.m.-8 p.m. (Saturday); 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (Sunday).





Comments