Tea Time: Mango-Lilikoi Smoothie from scratch


Having devoured mango and lilikoi gelato within the previous few days (mahalo Via Gelato), it was another scorching hot (91 degrees) day as I drove down Dillingham Blvd. I remembered hearing that Machete Sandwiches at Kapalama Shopping Center is a good spot, but on this Sunday, they were closed. Full parking lot, no Machete. I wandered around aimlessly, looking for a light lunch. Instead, I walked into Tea Time Taiwan and took a chance on their smoothies.

The manager said their mango and lilikoi were legit, from fruit, not some flavoring mix. He was right. It was a mango and lilikoi explosion, nice and super cold. Outside, boiling hot. Inside, air-conditioned and the smoothie was cold enough to chill my chest. Thumbs up, Tea Time!

Bonus: Free Wi-Fi and power outlets for each table.



Tea Time Taiwan
1210 Dillingham Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96817
Hours:
Sunday-Thursday, 10:30 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
Friday-Saturday, 10:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m.

Comments