The heavy, sweet Beef Bahn Mi at No Name


I'd walked and driven past No Name BBQ Sandwich on Waialae countless times. On the walks during the past week or so, it was always closed. So, on an afternoon stroll, I finally got an opportunity to try this place.

A neighbor at the corner store knew best. I'd asked him about No Name BBQ, and he said their Bahn Mi was good. I didn't know it was a Vietnamese spot. Interesting. He also said that Breadshop across the street was "bangin' ". Which is true, also, I later learned.

This is the #1, the Beef BBQ sandwich. Quick service, and the owner apologized for the wait, which was barely a couple of minutes even though there was a line. She didn't need to apologize, really, but her heart and soul are going into these sandwiches. The #1 is very good. For a bahn mi, it is heavy and meaty and filling. I never thought I'd say that about a Vietnamese sandwich.

I'll be back for more soon.






The restaurant opened in mid-June. It doesn't show up on my phone's maps app.

No Name BBQ Sandwich
Located on Waialae Ave. near 8th Ave., next to Juicy Brew







Comments