Big City Diner Waipio: Guava Chicken Wings, Flintstone-size Ribs


 

There's no other Guava Chicken Wings like Big City Diner, but of all the locations, I like the Waipio wings best. Dark, thick, sweet and spicy. My nephew Luke had the ribs, the Flintstones-sized ribs. He's no little kid anymore. My brother (fish sandwich), sister in law (chicken salad) and niece had more regular-sized dishes. We finished off with the Oreo Sundae, but I forgot to take that pic. It was good. We were stuffed, but found space to eat that cold dessert on another hot summer night.

Underrated: the Portabello Mushroom Salad, a first for me. WOW. The mushroom is sauteed in a vinagrette and outstanding. The garlic fries are still the bomb. I heart you, Big City Diner. Thanks for singing Happy Birthday to this old pupule.








Comments