Changes at Popeye's: 17 pieces, $11


For the faithful fans of Popeye's Chicken, the $15 for 10 pieces (thighs, drumsticks) deal is gone. It is now $17 for 11 pieces. That's a fractional difference, a wee bit more expensive. But on this night, after missing lunch, I was feeling spicy chicken. Popeye's is not my favorite fried chicken, but it is definitely on the list.

Perhaps most underrated is the Popeye's mashed potatoes and gravy. That gravy has a spicy little kick to it. The cole slaw is solid, standard and always a good complement to the juicy, spicy components of this meal.

I got this box from the Dillingham location in Kalihi. Thumbs up. Yes, I grew up preferring Kentucky Fried Chicken, and I still do. But their prices are way up there. And Popeye's is Top 5 among fast-food chicken joints. Still like Jolibee a bit more.

Comments