For $1.39, Burger King taco passes the test



Burger King taco? Thats’s right. It’s actually all right.

It was almost 11 p.m.

I knew I would get hungry. I’d just finished walking five miles. Last night, I went heathy with tofu, tomato, cucumber and Italian dressing.

I felt good in the morning. Tonight, we’ll... I headed to Taco Bell. Cars lined around into the street like a long snake. Pass.

Then I remembered that the “Impossible Burger” was at Burger King. I drove to the BK nearby, the one where I had my first official job during high school.

No luck. This BK doesn’t sell it until Saturday. But what is an “Impossible Burger”? Turns out it is a veggie burger. Does it taste good? I might find out. I forgot to ask how much it is. I cringe at the idea of paying $4 for a Whopper Junior.

I did try BK’s $1.39 taco. I forgot to ask for taco sauce, but it was tasty enough with some sauce in the hard shell. Not bad at all. Here’s how I rate the taco at these fast-food brands.

1. Taco Bell 3.0 (out of 4). They’ve had the most practice. It’s simple. It “looks” like something we expect as American fast-food consumers.

2. Burger King 2.9. Not as cheap as JB, but still an inexpensive snack that is a bit less greasy than JB’s.

3. Jack in the Box 2.6. The best thing is two tacos are just $2. It’s an unexplainable mash of beans (?) and has minimal ingredients.

Comments