Leonard's Malasadas for World Peace



There has never been a moment in my life when I bit into a Leonard's Bakery Malasada and did not experience bliss, joy and inner peace. I nominate Leonard's Malasadas for a Nobel Prize of fostering and encouraging global happiness and world peace.

And yes, it is the best malasada in Hawaii. I picked up this order from the truck at Waikele. I tried Kapahulu, but man, way, way too crowded. Leonard's prosperity (tourist attraction), much like Rainbow Drive In, means less space for us locals. But it's all good. The Waikele truck makes the fried treats just as good as Kapahulu, and with a very short line.



My friend and Mad Librarian, Jerry Campany, met up with me after retrieving my camera box from Nanakuli. He's not a major malasada fan, but I think he probably had one or two later after delivering a box to the office.

This batch included regular, haupia and custard. Much as I like the fillings, regular works best for me. #peaceonearth



Comments