Mango, Banana Creme Pie, Guava at Via Gelato



Fior Di Latte with fresh local Mango Topping
So this led the monthly e-newsletter, which is a balanced, understated and effective work that has the same vibe as the flavors and shop.

I didn’t know if Fior Di Latte was a blended ice drink or an actual gelato. It is a subtle, mostly neutral flavor that pairs perfectly with the modestly named Mango Topping. This is not a topping. It’s a legal drug. Cold and sweet and the exact flavor of a local mango. Much like their Mountain Apple, the Mango Topping takes a golden local delicacy and takes it to the nth degree. Al natural. All authentic. Nothing compares. Just inject this into my veins.

Chef’s Choice: Banana Creme Pie
The newsletter description says there is a buttery shortbread in the mix. It’s firm and chewy, sparse. That’s fine. The potency of the banana creme is a wave. It is neutral at first, then pops. Does it pop enough? Yes. For my taste, I like bananas so it could’ve been stronger.

My third flavor was Guava. I like guava so I had to try it. Excellent. If I had to rank these, it would be 1) Fior Di Latte with fresh local Mango Topping, 2 Banana Creme Pie, 3) Guava.

I’d explain to Guava, don’t feel bad. You’re an A/A- flavor. It’s just that the other two are A+/A. Together, a supreme weapon for world peace. And one of the few times I don’t mind spending more on dessert than dinner.









Comments