Slurpee News: 7-11 Pass-O-Guava passes with flying colors



It was 94 degrees in Honolulu on Saturday. NINETY-FREAKING-FOUR DEGREEEEEEEEEZZ. I thought it was something off with my car thermometer thingy. Nope. So I headed my sweaty car and me to the nearby 7-Eleven on Waialae Ave. It was crowded at the Slurpee machine, and when I got to my turn, the Strawberry flavor was down. Defrosting. NO!

I took the advice of another customer and tried something new: Pass-O-Guava. Locally known as POG, a concoction created by Haleakala Dairy on Maui that swept the islands and led to a POG game created for kids and adults who like playing kids' games.

The POG Slurpee is instantly my favorite. Strawberry is good, like a 90 out of 100. But PG is a 96. I actually went back later in the day and got a second Large POG Slurpee. That was for the drive to Kahuku. A lot of sugar, but I stayed away from caffeine. Again.

POG Slurpee, winnah!





Comments