Campbell WR/S Titus Mokiao-Atimalala's 17th offer: Arizona


Arizona makes it 17 football scholarship offers for Campbell junior Titus Mokiao-Atimalala. 

The Wildcats connected with the 6-foot-1, 175-pound wide receiver/safety on his birthday last week. 

“Coach Andy (Buh) reached out to me. He let me know that he likes, what I do on the field. He talked to a lot of his coaches. We usually text. On my birthday, he got on the phone and said happy birthday and he offered me a scholarship,” said Mokiao-Atimalala, who now has offers from nine schools in the Pac-12 Conference. 

“Arizona has a good team. I know their quarterback is a dual threat. I watched the game against UH. They like to sling it a lot. I’m blessed to receive an offer from them,” he said. 

Earlier this week, 247sports.com added a star to its rating of the big-play receiver. He is now a four-star recruit in their system. 

“It’s great just to be rated. As long as I’m getting scholarship offers. A lot of the coaches saw my film and congratulated me,” he said. 

His offer list: Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, Hawaii, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State, Tennessee, UCF, UCLA, UNLV, USC, Utah, Washington State and Wisconsin. 

“Boise State is still in contact. I had a couple of Alabama and Oklahoma coaches start following me (in the past week). Some of them (direct message) me and said they like my film and stuff,” Mokiao-Atimalala said. 

A year ago, before his junior year, there were few offers on the table despite a sensation sophomore performance. Much of that is due to the communication restrictions that college coaches can have with sophomores and freshmen. As a junior, he had 62 receptions for 1,136 yards and 18 receiving touchdowns. In 2018, as a sophomore, Mokiao-Atimalala hauled in 75 passes for 1,385 yards and 14 TDs.  

The snowball effect has been in play since the start of his junior year. 

“I know once others start to offer, they start looking and see who pulled that trigger,” he said. 

As a keiki, he cheered for the Quack Attack.  

“Growing up, it was Oregon because of De’Anthony Thomas and LaMichael James. In middle school, I didn’t really have a college team and I just liked the players,” Mokiao-Atimalala said. 

Staying in shape is a priority. Once they’re done with online schoolwork (Google Classroom), he and older brother — and UH signee — Tamatoa Mokiao-Atimalala get to training.

“I’m just running around the neighborhood. I race with Tama and do our workouts. UH sent Tama a workout plan so we’ve been doing all kinds of drills on the road. We lift at one of our friend’s house right down the road. Monday through Thursday we bench and squat. We get in a good workout every time,” he said. “We throw on the road to each other around 4:30, 5 in the afternoon.” 

Lockdown staples
Top 3 TV shows/movies
1. Stomp The Yard. “I rewatched that.”
2. Money Heist. “That’s pretty good.”
3. Frozen 2. “It’s pretty good, I’m not going to lie.”

Top 3 food/snacks
1. Fruit Rollups snacks. “Fruit by the foot. I like all of them.”
2. Chobani. “It’s a yogurt. I like the S’mores flavor.” 
3. Lucky Charms cereal. 

Top 3 music artists
1. Return of the Mack (by Mark Morrison). “I like to listen that when I work out.” 
2. Jay Boogie
3. Rebel Souljahz

Comments