5 treys, 6 dimes for Chanelle Molina as Norrköping routs Sodertalje, 95-65


Thanksgiving weekend was especially enjoyable for Chanelle Molina in the midst of the Swedish Basketball league regular season.


The former Konawaena and Washington State standout had 15 points and six assists as the Norrköping Dolphins routed Sodertalje 95-65 on Saturday for their second win in a row. The Dolphins improved to 5-3, including 4-0 on their home court. They travel to Visby this weekend. 


Erika Davenport scored a team-high 20 points (8-for-11 from the field) and Lovisa Hjem added 10 points, eight boards and six assists for Norrköping. Anna Lundquist scored 11 points and Camille Zimmerman tallied 10 points, seven rebounds and six assists. 


Cassandra Brown paced Sodertalje with 29 points. 


All of Molina’s points came from the arc (5-for-9). The Norrköping shot 55 percent from 3-point range (17-for-31) as all 11 Dolphins got playing time. 


“I feel that our team is moving the ball well on offense. We’re always looking to make the extra pass,” she said. “The other team tried to double us in the post, but their rotation would be too slow, so that opened up shots for us on the perimeter.” 


Molina wasn’t surprised by her steady shooting. She has been outstanding from the 3-point line all season. 


“I actually play the point in practice, so I practice my playmaking abilities more, but I shoot a good amount of 3s, too,” she said. 


The past month has included a two-week break during the Euro national tournament. Molina and some teammates also did some sightseeing with as they visited a player’s hometown, Stockholm. 


“Anna showed my other teammate and I around her neighborhood and where she grew up, and also in the city, as well,” she said. “The Swedes don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, but we had a Thanksgiving feast and everyone brought their own dishes. I brought cornbread. I figured I’d stick with something simple.” 

Comments