Campbell’s Jourdyn Curran heading to Seattle U.

Jourdyn Curran has ample support from parents James and Dawn Curran.

With a 4.039 grade-point average, Jourdyn Curran was bound to see much more of this world.


Her next stop: Seattle University. The Campbell senior soccer player signed a letter of intent with the Redhawks on Wednesday. 


“I feel super happy that I have finally got to this point. I’m also very excited for the future,” she said after participating and signing her letter during the Education-1st online event. “Mentally, I feel more of a relief that I have got this point. Emotionally, I just felt very happy that I was able to make my family proud and accomplish my goals.”


Curran plans to major in engineering at Seattle, where enrollment is 7,405. 


“What I like most about Seattle U. would be the campus and location. It is a beautiful campus right in the city with many things to do,” she said. “What I like most about the coaches is that they really care about their players and forming relationships with them. They care about your goals and help you to achieve them. Also, the soccer program is very competitive.


The Redhawks signed 10 new players on LOI day. Last season, they won the Western Athletic Conference title. 


Last year, Curran's father, James, coached the Campbell Sabers to a third-place finish in the Oahu Interscholastic Association. They lost to Kamehameha-Maui, 1-0, in the opening round of the state tournament. 


Leahi Club Coach Michele “Bud” Nagamine enjoys Curran’s high IQ on the pitch. 


“I love Jourdyn’s creativity and the way she reads the game. She is fluid in her movement with the ball and is the consummate playmaker,” Nagamine said. “She’s an intense player, which makes her super fun to coach!”


Lockdown staples

Top 3 movies/shows 

1. TVD.

2. Glee. Favorite character: Santana. 

3. Gossip Girl. 


Top 3 food/snack/drink

1. Strawberry lemonade, California Pizza Kitchen. 

2. Hot Cheeto fries. 

3. Chicken lettuce wraps, CPK. 


College major: Engineering


Who will be the first to cry at the airport when you leave?

“Probably me. If not me then my sister (Jaylee) since my parents (James and Dawn) will most likely be coming with me to settle in.”


Shout outs 

“Shout out to my parents who have sacrificed so much for me to get to this point. Always supporting me and giving me so many opportunities.” 



Comments