‘Iolani’s Ali Yoshida signs with Colorado State

Dennis and Rae Yoshida are stoked for daughter Ali, who signed a letter of intent to play 

at Colorado State. 

Rise and shine, Ali Yoshida is ready to go. 


The ‘Iolani midfielder/forward signed a national letter of intent to play soccer for Colorado State, and even her signing process was textbook preparation to perfection. The Education-1st signing event moved online this year, but the start time remained at 6:20 a.m. Letters were signed beginning at 7 a.m.


I had to wake up the same time that I do for school, but I had a lot more energy than usual since I was so excited. We had set up the table the night before, so there wasn’t much to do when I woke up,” she said. “I’m really happy that we were able to have a signing day even though it wasn’t in person. Committing and signing the NLI was one of my biggest goals since I was little and I’m glad I was able to accomplish it.”


Yoshida is one of two island student-athletes to sign with the Rams. Punahou volleyball player Kate Yoshimoto is also heading to Fort Collins. 


“It still doesn’t feel real, I’m just relieved now,” said Yoshida, who plays for Hawaii Soccer Academy. “I’m pretty nervous because it seems like everything is going by fast, but I am also excited for whats to come. I love the location and how outdoorsy Colorado is. I really fell in love with the area when I visited. The coaches are great, and I’m so excited to go up there and play with the team.” 


Yoshida has a 3.96 grade-point average. She plans to major in Accounting and Pre-Vet. 


Lockdown staples


Top 3 food/snack/drink

1. Pasta with shrimp, Olive Garden. 

2. M&Ms (plain). 

3. Strawberry banana smoothie, Shaka Shaka. 


Bucket list 

“The top thing on my bucket list is to visit Bora Bora. It’s so pretty over there and there’s so many things to do.”


Who will be the first to cry at the airport when you leave?

“Honestly, I think I’ll be the first to cry at the airport. But right after me will be my sister (Sydni). We’ve gotta really close this past year and even though she doesn’t want to admit it I know she loves me.”


Shout outs 

“I want to thank my family and friends for all their love and support. My parents, Rae and Dennis, for always helping and believing in me. Also my club coaches for helping me with my recruiting process and helping me become a better player.”


Comments