Kamehameha hoopster Camille Feary signs with Southern Oregon

Camille Feary has the everlasting support of Shawn and Monique.

The ink is dry and the blueprint is ready for Camille Feary.

The Kamehameha senior signed a letter of intent to play for Southern Oregon, formalizing a relationship that got serious in early September.

“Right now, I feel really blessed to have an opportunity at the next level. I feel relieved that I got to get everything done early and be set and ready to go,” said Feary, a versatile guard.

With a big question mark about the upcoming basketball season because of COVID-19, Feary committed to Southern Oregon more than two months ago

“Mentally and emotionally, I just feel relieved, it was always a goal of mine to sign early and get it down. So I feel accomplished,” she said. “I love the community at SOU. It’s an amazing school. I love the coaches and even the players! They’re all very welcoming. I know it’ll be perfect for me.”

Feary signed during the online event hosted by Education-1st. The virtual setting began at 6:20 a.m. and was streamed on Zoom and Facebook Live. Letters were officially signed at 7 a.m. — noon Eastern Time.

“Waking up early is always a struggle, but it was completely worth it and I would do it again in a heart beat,” she said.

By next summer, Feary will be en route to the Northwest.

“My mom (Monique) will be the first to cry at the airport for sure. She’s my best friend and backbone,” she said. “She makes every tough time better and she’s always the only one who can put me back on my feet.”

Lockdown staples

Top 3 movies/shows
1. Blind Side.
2. Lucifer.
3. Hannah Montana.

Top 3 food/snacks/drinks:
1. Green Propel.
2. Hot Cheetos.
3. Chicken katsu curry and six-piece gyoza, Sumo Ramen.

New life skill
“I sell my clothes on a boutique on Instagram (@camilles_btq). I just sell my clothes to other girls around the island or even across the country, and I ship or drop off. I receive payment contactless through Venmo because of coronavirus. My goals is just to make money for personal expenses and get rid of clothes I don’t use.”

College Major:
“I want major in forensic science with a minor in criminal justice.”

Bucket List:
“Borabora, Australia, Paris, Brazil.”

Time Machine
“I would go back to times where I used to spend with my great-grandma (Helen M. Turner). She was always my biggest supporter.”

Shout outs:
“Shout out to my parents (Shawn and Monique) for the many sacrifices. Shout out to all my coaches, teammates, friends and family for always supporting me and being there!”

Comments