Aloha to Ono Kine Grindz

As much as I love to eat out, there's been a lot of eating in for me lately. Combination of reasons, primarily being home to watch mom as much as possible this summer. Can't knock it. I get to care for her (81 years old) and my sister does a great job of pre-cooking lots and lots of food. I just heat it up and my nephew, mom and I have dinner.

I do confess, though, that I've thought about getting back to Ajitama Ramen for some of their succulent ramen. So rich and satisfying. I also miss those trips to Taiyo Ramen, where the best gyoza in Hawaii is made. (I am a sucker for their garlic-infused treats.)

Browsing the web tonight, I came across The Tasty Island once again. Fun, delectable bits of information, and the pics just kill me. Absolute art. But tonight was different. I just learned that Ono Kine Grindz, a terrific food blog, is on hiatus and has been since the end of July. Hat's off to Reid, who made food blogging local-style something special to behold through words and photos. I hope he comes back fresh one of these days with a whole new world of experiences to share.

While The Tasty Island and other great food bloggers fill the void, I'll just post now and then about food, mostly hole-in-the-wall and concession stand type of grinds. I'm on the road a lot, so that's what you'll see here. I plan to carry my camera much more often than I have in recent years, which means more photo opportunities for food around the island.

I'll also post some older stuff I've posted over at my site, hondareport.com.

Cheers!

Comments