Trail mix rules

I've NEVER been a huge fan of trail mix. Usually comes with carob or even chocolate chips, which always led me to believe it's just another form of candy. Nothing wrong with candy. I just never thought of trail mix as something healthy and useful for improving health.

Well, I've changed my mind. Or actually, it changed my mind. I find myself pouring the unsalted version (Nutty Farms roasted deluxe) -- cashews, peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, raisins -- on my salads, in my cinnamon oatmeal -- and just munching on it on the road. Those nuts are good brain food, supposedly, and healthy fats. (Avocados have healthy fats too, and I love those.)

I still munch on nori arare once in a great while (msg, sodium and few redeeming qualities), but trail mix rules my snack and salad world right now.

Comments