Hawaii Catering, aka Yoshi's truck

I was driving back from Maryknoll's grand opening ceremony for the new gym today when I passed the truck. It's located on Monsarrat Ave., a block from UH, on Mondays through Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

This is a classic example of a mobile eatery that serves up restaurant-quality offerings. Friday is Hawaiian plate day at Yoshi's truck, and those of you who cringe when Hawaiian food is offered without poi -- this is the place for you.

Not only is there enough food just with the poi, poke, lomi salmon, onion and kalua pig -- there's also a huge load of beef stew with two scoops of rice. I ate everything but the beef stew. Saving that for later. I'm stuffed.

So much for my "strict" diet. I work out enough these days that I can afford to binge a little with some of my favorite foods. This was unexpected, unplanned and unregrettable.

Thank you, Yoshi!














Comments