Resi's chili pepper jelly, lilikoi butter






Nothing beats homemade. Resi Kobayashi makes a chili pepper jelly, her mom's recipe, with ingredients from back home — Kona. Her husband, Lance, rates Kona chili peppers as the best. I can't disagree. The jelly is savory, spicy, sweet, completely delectable.

Resi's lilikoi butter is tasty. The lilikoi comes from the Kalaoa hillside. The region is famous for its Kona coffee farms and everything I know of that grows there is of the highest, tastiest quality. I fear lilikoi butter, always have. But an indulgence now and then is OK. So this morning's breakfast is Resi's chili pepper jelly and lilikoi butter on saloon pilot crackers.

From my Facebook page:

Trent Walters: "I've been lucky enough to have that jelly. I agree very Ono."


Gail Juan: "My mom makes it too!!! How do you eat it? We put a slab of cream cheese... the pepper jelly on top ... and Ritz crackers. I want some now!!!"


Brian Santos: "Paul, get some Big Island smoked meat, haet a pan and toss the meat with some of that jelly. Winnahs!" 


Brad Uemoto: "Okay, here's the trick with the lilikoi butter... buy the gallon sized Breyers vanilla ice cream (the one with the black spreckles inside) and top it with the butter. That's the only way I eat it!" 

Pepper jelly has this magical effect, drawing out exclamation points from otherwise mild-mannered citizens. I just enjoyed a bunch of the jelly and lilikoi butter. My estimate is that both jars will be empty within a few days.


Comments