$6 meal Rigoberto's Taco Shop: Taquitos





Taquitos
5 for $5
Rigoberto's Taco Shop
Miramar, Calif.

In slightly remote Miramar, outside San Diego, up in some hilly area covered by railroad trains and tracks, there's a few little strip malls that were mostly empty on a weekend afternoon. Our basketball kids were hungry. Most of the parents and kids went off to their hotel rooms and whatnot. I was hungry for tacos. So was one of our players, Jordan. We google mapped and found one. It was closed. Then we found a gem.

Rigoberto's is so good, I wish I lived next to it. No, not in San Diego. I mean, I wish I could eat these taquitos every day for $5. The toppings. The flavors. The freshness. You can get those here, but it's Honolulu. Everything costs more. In Cali, they have such cheap produce including those awesome avocados. It shows in their lower prices.

I wasn't in the $6 meal theme when we were at Rigoberto's in the summer of 2017, but this would've been (and still is) the perfect candidate.

1. Sub $6. Yes, with change to spare.
2. No fast food/chains. Nope. Just A small shop in the middle of a quiet place. (I'm pretty sure all the workers in the area line up here on weekdays.)
3. Tastes good. YES. Double Yes.

As for Jordan, our gentle giant and scholar-athlete, he had the massive $5 burrito.


Comments