Guava BBQ Ribs @ Times Deli Waialae


BBQ Guava Ribs
$6.99
Available weekly

One of the best deals for quality meals is at the Times Supermarket Deli. I used to just walk by, completely ignorant of what Times was trying to do. Then a couple of years ago, I actually paid attention. Every day, wherever your local Times Supermarket is, they have a variety of menu items and it changes day to day. Whether it's Hawaiian, fish, steak, BBQ or fried chicken, everything is made in house. IN HOUSE.

Prices are so low, it surprises me they don't have lines out the door. The lines do get longer at lunchtime and right after people finish their daytime work shifts. But for the most part, I love their fried chicken. Best to get that after they fry the buggahs before lunch. The steak plate is awesome. The gravy that goes with the steak is awesome.

The BBQ guava ribs are irresistible. The plates always come with three sides, your choice of mashed potatoes, brown rice, white rice, Okinawan potato, vegetables or tossed salad. And it always comes with a drink.

The different locations have different menu offerings on the same day. Almost like separate restaurants, but all great quality food. McCully Times closes the deli at 6 pm, but Kahala Times Deli closes 7:30 pm. It's no coincidence I gained weight after becoming a loyal Times Deli carnivore. And walking less...

I feel like I'm doing myself no favors by spreading the word about Times Deli. I don't want longer lines and sold-out food. But I like you. Enjoy in moderation.

Comments