Pho 777: Beef Tendon & Tripe Pho


Beef Tendon & Tripe Pho, aka Item No. 16
$12.75
Pho 777

This is never cheap, but I consider it the perfect food medicine. So many greens. There is Thai basil and a green leafy vegetable that is slightly bitter, but melts down a bit in the steaming hot soup. The tendons are truly tender, almost melting and delicate, and the beef strips are always tasty.

Pho 777 also has my favorite condiments: chili oil/peanut sauce, plum/hoisin sauce, and Huy Fong sriracha chili sauce. The golden triad of Asian sauces when I have pho.

Whether I have the sniffles or not, I always feel better after a few sips of the soup. This is medicine for me. So the cost is prohibitive, but it's cheaper than getting sick and all that mess. I haven't been seriously ill with cold or flu since I started visiting Pho 777 nearly two years ago. Some little flu symptoms, but this pho keeps me going and working fine.

Pho is not the same everywhere. A restaurant in my neighborhood has pho, but it usually gave me swollen ankles (kankles), which I attribute to probably an overdose of MSG. So I stopped going there. Not worth it just because it's cheaper than Pho 777.

I've had Pho in Anaheim's Little Saigon neighborhood, and those were legit, too. Pho vs. Ramen? Don't make me choose. I prefer a world where we can enjoy both.

Comments