Itchy Butt: Bulgogi Bowl


Prices are slightly up, but there are very, very few better values than the bowls at Itchy Butt on the SE corner of Keeaumoku and Kinau. The only time I did a piece here about the Bulgogi Bowl was in February 2015, and the photo did not come out right.

No problem this time. And yes, I like an egg on top, and a side order of kimchi. (The only bowl that already comes with kimchi is the Rice (Spam) Bowl. The Itchy Butt kimchi is A+. Always worth it. In fact, if they had a bowl of rice, eggs and kimchi, that's all I'd need as a first meal most days.

The bulgogi, though, is so good. Underrated? So filling. Quality food made with excellence. It just so happens to come out of a hole-in-the-wall establishment that I hope stays open for all eternity. 

So this comes out to $6.75 if I remember right, for the bowl only. Add the egg and kimchi and it bumps above $8, somewhere around $8.25.

So the extra mean this is not a $6 meal, but it's close enough and hearty enough. And though it's not recommended, I normally don't have breakfast and lunch until mid-afternoon, which makes this a two-meal substitute, so $8 is not a big minus.

Comments