Harry's Cafe: Breakfast masterpiece









One of my old friends, Greg, is a regular at Harry's Cafe. Me? I would be if I lived a lot closer. But on this Kamehameha Day, free parking on the streets, and Harry's is open, so I joined him, his family and another old friend, Peter, for breakfast.

Be careful. If you don't bring a healthy appetite, it will be a struggle to finish your omelette or anything else you order. Harry's Cafe is about quality, tasty, simple food with great flavor and portions. Enormous portions. I had the omelette with mushrooms. WINNER.

The hash brown is excellent, too. Everything else, I didn't get to try. I was content. And the ridgy fries were the bomb, too. Harry's Cafe is just incredible, an institution and throwback to a simpler time. And the service was so good. I've got to to go back soon.

Harry's is open, Greg said, just about every day and holiday of the year. Breakfast and lunch only.

Harry's Cafe
1101 Waimanu St.
Honolulu, HI 96814
808-593-7798

Comments