Bozu: Black Pork Cheek and best Miso Soup


Black Pork Cheek Meat. YES. I had to try it. It was what I expected. Porky. Meaty. Fatty. And a little chewy, nothing distracting. Cooked, i.e. blow torched, to perfection. My first trip to Bozu Japanese Restaurant in McCully Shopping Center wasn't a long stay, and I'd already had dinner. I met up with a friend from ancient Hawaii, @tanikaze, and enjoyed a few pupus.

Also delicious: the Fried Chicken. Juicy and simple. I dipped mine in shoyu and chili powder.

But the real surprise was the Miso Soup with Tofu. Maybe it was that wide-mouth spoon. Or the mini-sized cubes of tofu. It just tasted perfect. The best miso soup I've had in years, which I did not expect to think or say when I walked into the place.

Looking forward to another visit to Bozu one day. The chef and his staff are spirited, focused and excellent.

Bozu Japanese Restaurant
2nd Floor #209, 1960 Kapiolani Blvd
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 555-7779









Comments

Saburo said…
We should just go late nights to nibble. I already got another place in mind...