I ❤️ Minit Stop so much, they sent me this!!



I had Minit Stop fried chicken on a quick pit stop in Kawaihae (Big Island) around 15 or 20 years ago. It was addictive. So imagine how it has been in those years since when I resided on Oahu, whether there is NO MINIT STOP WHATSOVER.

Sure, I managed to survive. But it wasn't until I was driving around Hilo recently and saw an actual Minit Stop gas station. I didn't have time to stop, but this was a total revelation. Then, on a drive to Kohala, I came across another Minit Stop in Hawi near the post office. YES.

I stopped in, got a quick breakfast — fried chicken thigh, musubi, and hit the road (to Kukuihaele) as I continued by Big Island postal tour. It was good. The chicken, so good.

I later commented on the Minit Stop Facebook page, and I asked if they sell T-shirts. I love the "new" logo with a rooster. That wasn't around two decades ago. They responded! No actual Minit Stop T-shirts, but they would send me something cool. I was stoked!

I was shocked and happy. Then I again back from their office. No, they actually have some shirts. So they sent this to me and it arrived on Thursday. WOOHOO! It's beautiful. It's not an actual logo shirt, but does have the rooster, and it promotes the Minit Stop app that's coming to the free world today (July 12)..

Minit Stop is on Hawaii Island and Maui only. From what little I know, they are operated by a local company, and they do what they do so well in my limited experience. But going 15, 20 years between bits of their fried chicken was much too long.

I'll end up downloading the app, pining for more Minit Stop fried chicken and musubi. I still haven't tried their Adobo Chicken. But it'll make the next trip to Maui or the Big Island that much better.


The chicken thigh and musubi from the Big Island trip in June below. Whose recipe is this? No one knows...



Comments