Jane’s Fountain: Ham & Egg Sandwich, Saimin w/BBQ Stick


It's not often enough I get to hang out with my brother, Kimo, so when he finished work at a conference in town, we met up at Jane's Fountain. First time for him. Second time for me. The last time was with my mom many years ago before she passed. Kimo went for the saimin and BBQ sick. I tried the ham and egg sandwich with one request: that the egg be over-easy. Can't beat a yolky sandwich.

For roughly 4 bucks, the sandwich was worth it. Then I ordered a small saimin and BBQ stick, combined price roughly $9. Those were pretty good, but re-looking at the menu, I could've had a won tun min for just 70 cents more.

Jane's Fountain is one of those places that is TIMELESS. Slightly rustic. Good service. LARGE menu for such a small place. The restaurant had plenty of walk-in customers, probably long-timers who have enjoyed it for decades. It's a throwback similar to the old Washington Saimin, a place I still miss.

I remember my mom enjoying this place after a visit to the nearby physical therapist. It was one of our last times eating out together.













Comments

Saburo said…
Had a quasi-emergency visit to the dentist on Wednesday afternoon. It's located right across the street from Jane's on Liliha so I was thinking of going there for lunch afterwards. Walking up to the traffic intersection I thought hey, I haven't been to Liliha Bakery for years so I turned left and ate there instead.

Thinking now I shoulda crossed the street and eaten at Jane's instead. OTOH I don't regret shopping for pastries and cocoa puff indulgences afterwards...