Postal Tour 2019: Papaaloa, HI 96780

  

The last time I came here was roughly two years ago, and I enjoyed the small, wonderful details of the old bridge, the foliage above the stream, the mellow, yet lively spirit of the Papaaloa General Store and its adjoining post office.

This time, I was behind schedule thanks to the situation with Ookala Post Office (surprise, it's still open) and the back-tracking required while the highway had road work being done. I made time and went into the store expecting to buy breakfast from the cafe, but one look at the prices and I made a hard decision to do without. I like the food there, but I could wait until Kamuela in roughly an hour or two.

Service here, as it is all over the Big Island, is friendly, quick. Smaller post offices don't mean things are slow. Every post office I went to was busy, probably due to smaller staffs.











Comments