Postal Tour 2019: Waikoloa, HI 96738



Time really sped by. Though I got from one post office to the next quickly, the expanse can't be defeated. I did what I could to get to the final stop of the day at Waikoloa. Man, that road from the lower highway up to Waikoloa Village is all uphill and I'd forgotten that. But the hill isn't an impediment. It's slow traffic.

By the time I arrived, the post office was seconds away from closing. I was the last of the last. Waikoloa Finance Station, the postmark reads. Similar to the Uptown Post Office in Honolulu. Waikoloa continues to grow, so this current PO is in no danger, I'd say.

A full day on the road, from Hilo to the west side, and I was hungry. No restroom in sight. I had to make some fast moves. Eventually, I got to the market place (it's not a typical mall), did my business and devoured some really good Mexican food.





Comments