Step by Step: Manoa Valley, Ala Wai


Figures it would take vacation time for me to finally get back to walking regularly. Maybe I'll miss a day or two this month. Maybe more. But during this slightly down time, I'll have enough to hit that threshold. It started on Sunday with a leisurely walk through Manoa, then Ala Wai Park.







A little work here and there, and this could be a cool entrance for a haunted house on Halloween.


I am almost certain that no one else has ever sniffed the sweet scent of these plumeria. That bunch right there in the middle, I mean. Nobody besides me.


I've walked through parts of Manoa Valley before, but this was much more interesting, going from the park around the mall, down Woodlawn, clockwise back up past Starbucks. Then I saw this, a stream with a wall in the middle. Must be a good reason for it.


I was around 2,500 steps short and looking for another place to walk. Kahala Mall, out of the way a bit. So Ala Wai Park did the trick.














Comments