Stuber: Perfectly entertaining, forgettable popcorn flick


Stuber
Consolidated Koko Marina
Pupule rating: 3.0 (out of 4)

This is rated R, definitely don't bring the young ones. There are a few scenes that were cuttable, no question, and would have brought the rating down to a PG-13, but I suppose the producers didn't feel the need to compromise. Stuber is goofy, predictable, full of dialogue that fits the pairing of Dave Bautista and Kumail Nanjani. They're funny. They work well together. Nanjani was a revelation in 2017's The Big Sick. It's basically the same character.

Stuber gets the task done. You laugh. You think. You wonder if this scene or that scene are remotely plausible in real life. Then you move on just enjoy a popcorn flick for what it is. I find myself enjoying a movie like this more than ever. Nothing against Crawl or Annabelle Comes Home or Midsommer, but I can do without gory films right now. I need laughs. So Stuber wins.

Comments